Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Things I have Learned while in Scotland

In just two days, I have learned many things about Scotland. Let me just share a few...
1. Everywhere you want to go in Scotland is either upstairs or uphill


2. People smoke ALOT

3. Our bed doesn't have a top sheet...we asked for one for tonight!

4. Phone booths are red (I actually already knew this but wanted an excuse to post the picture) :)
5. Things close really early...most shops and museums are closed by 5...this makes it difficult to fit everything in that you want to see. I missed the Museum of Childhood. :(

6. People even WALK on the wrong side of the "road" in Scotland....escalators are backwards too

7. You must learn lots of new vocabulary. For example, in Scotland, bathrooms are toilets, elevators are lifts, parking lots are car parks, scotch is whiskey and alleys are closes.
One of the MANY closes in Scotland

8. Scotland (or more likely it's all the walking!) makes Steve REALLY hungry! :)

I am sure there are more, but I wanted to share a few....stay tuned for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment