Monday, July 16, 2012

Feeling Crafty

As most of you know, it is not at all unusual that I am feeling crafty! :) Pinterest has definitely become my new best friend, and I have gotten all sorts of great ideas. I actually tried out two of them tonight. Well...I started on one and finished the other. 

One of my biggest pet peeves is all of the cups/glasses left half full, empty, sweating, etc. all over the place. I never know if the kids (and hubby) are finished with them or what. I tend to put them in the dishwasher which just leads to more cups being left out. I found this great "tray" idea on Pinterest that I think will make my life easier. There is a coaster for each family member...the idea is that they will put their used but unfinished cup for the day on the coaster with their initial on it. They will use and reuse that same cup all day, and when they are in bed, I know it can go in the dishwasher. PURE GENIOUS! I went to Home Depot today and bought all my materials. Then I worked on adding the pretty paper to the tiles. All that is left is to paint the wood, and glue everything down. I CAN'T WAIT TO USE IT!!! Hopefully my boys get the hang of it quickly. :) 




On Saturday, we are leaving for our family vacation to Tennessee. We can't wait...we plan to go to Chattanooga and Knoxville. Braden has been to Knoxville before for DI, but the other two boys have never been. We are also taking Stirling and Duncan. Last Christmas, we took a big trip to Indiana and bought DVD players for the road. The boys and Stirling were awesome travelers so I am not worried about this trip either...if you recall, Stirling and Duncan actually made this same trip in May. :) I found a really cool idea on Pinterest (are you seeing the theme here?) to make a travel binder so I decided to make one for each of the boys. On the front of the binder is a map where I will draw our path so they can see where we are headed. Inside the binder is a pouch with dry erase markers, pens, pencils, crayons, a brand new small lego set, and post it note flags. In the pages are lots of fun travel games like License Plate search, Slug Bug search, I SPY, tic tac toe, battleship, and some other fun educational workbooks to keep them busy. There are also a few empty pages for them to put souvenir maps and brochures. I think they will really enjoy it. I'll check back in after our trip and let you know. 






Man, it feels good to be crafty. My constant prayer is that our new house will have space for my craftiness because right now there just isn't much room for it!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! amazing to be traveling in the US! I've only been in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on a family vacation! I'd love to go again and maybe one day i will! I'd love to go to New York and maybe somewhere else, maybe you can give some advise for a place to visit?
    :) Take care!

    Emelie

    ReplyDelete