Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Random

It's been pretty quiet around our house lately...nothing too exciting to write about. We did make it through the great "SNOW (we actually had a little bit of ice)" of 2011. We enjoyed a day off of school, but we are not looking forward to having to make it up.

Steve and I registered at Macy's this weekend. For those of you who have never done this, I HIGHLY recommend it when you get married or have a baby! It is so... FUN! Steve especially enjoyed pointing the gun at everything he could find that we might remotely need (or want) someday! I had fun doing that too! :)

It's musical season at the high schools. I love musicals! Steve and I went to see KHS's production of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. It was fabulous and absolutely hysterical. I would highly recommend it if it comes to a stage near you. Then we took the boys to see KCHS's production of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. It was so cute and we really enjoyed it. I continue to do my part in keeping my boys cultured. They really do enjoy it...

And for your reading pleasure, I will leave you with Braden's latest story. For homework, he had to write a story from the point of view of an animal. He chose a monkey...I can't imagine why he would want to write about a monkey...perhaps because he does such a good job of acting like one! :)

Braden's Story:
Oh yah work it work it. I love the people who take pictures of me. Oh, you're watching. Hi I'm a monkey who lives in a zoo. The zoo is great. When people take pictures of me, I give them my best moves. I swing from vines, I pose, and one of my best ones is I throw up and I eat my throw up. If you want to see me do it, you better come to the zoo tomorrow. If you don't come, you'll wake up with a monkey on you. so, if you don't want a monkey on your back, you better come.

He's a ham. This is not one of his best pieces of work....I think it was one of those hurry up and finish your homework kind of days. I will share some more of his work with you soon. He wrote an awesome story about the Alamo for a contest recently. We are crossing our fingers that he wins something. Be on the lookout for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment